The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
- On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
- The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If your accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
- No Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) for tourists visiting the Eastern circuit
- This special package is offered to visitors to promote tourist visitation to the six eastern Districts of Bhutan so that tourists can experience and enjoy the various exciting places and activities that are largely unexplored in the Eastern part of the country. So, no SDF will be applicable for the tourists visiting the six eastern districts (Mongar, Samdrup Jongkhar, Lhuntse, Tashi Yangtse, Tashigang and Pemagatshel) with effect from 16th November 2017. Our local tour operators are aware of this and they will arrange everything accordingly to make your visit to the Eastern part of Bhutan a memorable one.
- Individual tour operators has thier own canccellation policy
- Please discuss with your own service provider (tour operator) on the cancellation policy
- Delayed Arrivals
- There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
- It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
- The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
- The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
- Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50% DURATION DISCOUNT on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE shall be provided after 14th night.
- 100% SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE FREE ZONE DISCOUNT shall be provided on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuntsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on arrival and/or departure
Please Note: Children below 5 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNTS, DURATION DISCOUNTS and SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE FREE ZONE DISCOUNT and All Children and Students will not be eligible for DURATION DISCOUNTS
- Prior to your trip to Bhutan, you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday to the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- You must wire the tour payment calculated by your tour operator as well as USD 40 (one time visa fee) to the Bhutan National Bank through one of their certified international partners with the Bhutanese tour operator specified as the ultimate beneficiary.
- Please email the bank wire receipt copy to the local Bhutanese tour operator.